Thursday 1 July 2010

Bad times

It's been a while. I'm probably about 60% on track and sitting about 84.5kg at the moment.
Four weeks or so have passed since the last dietician appointment (I cancelled, she cancelled, French air traffic control cancelled) and there has been my birthday and various other indulgent occasions.

I'm not giving up. I'm seeing her next Tuesday and I hope to be at least the same weight and then push on forward.

This weekend is going to be a bit of a challenge. Saturday a friend has rented a small sailing yacht for 12 of us to go out to the Cannes islands. There will be rosé, cake and items made with white flour - I must restrain.
Sunday is the Wimbledon final which will more than likely mean Pimms, cake and yummy sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

The running and exercise in general is going well and I'm into the last 12 weeks of my half marathon training. I've bought some new top of the range Asics which seem to help the shin splints somewhat, if not entirely.
Last week I also did two sessions of the 30 day shred. I know I'm supposed to do it everyday - it's hardcore - but at least I did it twice and I will do it again. I also did two runs and a boxercise class so not all bad but I won't mention two mcdonalds and a large bowl of chips....

There is quite a lot of crappy stuff going on at the moment. The Boy has lost his great aunt and a very close friend the same age of him. Both were shocking and unexpected.
My sister is back in rehab just four weeks after her wedding. I have been predicting a post-wedding breakdown for months now. She suffers from depression and anxiety and isn't built to cope with peaks in stress, plus she is an alcoholic. Her last rehab drying out session was only last October and the 'controlled drinking' she has been attempting has not worked.
I hope her new marriage lives through this blip as she needs her husband.
We also found out yesterday that the Boy's contract ends in September when we previously had thought it to be a permanent one. Based on a horrible winter just done following his November redundancy, the future for us looks a little shaky.

All this said, it is not an excuse to eat crap. I've been letting myself get a little slack admittedly and giving in too much to tempting occasions. If I can plough through this weekend and not do too much damage, I'll be chuffed.
I've got two more runs to do this week and I'd love to do a couple more 30 day shred sessions, plus tomorrow should involve plenty of swimming.
The chin, she is firmly up.

No comments: