Thursday 17 June 2010

The Sugar monster

I have only had one day of clean eating this week :(

My days seem to all include chocolate which is the only thing to blight my otherwise virtuous eating. But not just one chocolate or one bar it seems. Ugg.

Sugar IS the thing I need to give up most and I have done it before and seen results. It really is time to do it again.
Perhaps if I could allow myself one sweet treat a week....but I'm not sure that would work. I have a feeling I'm an all or nothing type.

Yesterday saw a crunchie and a small dairy milk thing, the day before saw two godiva bars which weren't even nice. Today I've eaten a whole mint chocolate dairy milk aero type bar. A BIG one. HUGE in fact.
I feel sick and disappointed but not surprised. Other than that, things started well and will continue well. I started the day off with a run, followed by soy yoghurt mixed with berries and oats. Four thin oatcakes with tomato for a snack then a turkey, humous, roast veg and spinach salad for lunch. Ok.....I may have overdone the humous...

I don't buy all of this chocolate (although I did yesterday), it is just in the office. Today I struggled all day with obsessive thoughts about the dairy milk mint bar. They would come and stay in my head for a while, then go away again. All day I've been congratulating myself how far through the day I've come without grabbing the bar. I got to 4pm - nearly the whole work day, then grabbed it and ate it hidden away. Disgusting.

Tonight I'll have a small omelette and salad, drink lots of water and deal with the sugar fall out.
Tomorrow I'll try again to have a sugar-free day.

This morning I was 83.5kg.

No comments: