Wednesday 5 September 2007

Bo selecta

My favourite pub with my favourite barman and current crush has re-opened after a month of being shut.

This is a good thing. On reopening night on Monday, I realised that it would be easy to slip back into July's antics of passing by every night for a spritzer and some mild stalking.

This must stop. The object of my affections not only has a girlfriend but he is also a friend.
Time to call it quits.

I told him so with the fairly obvious and only slightly cryptic text.

Full support for the re-opening. Def gonna try not to slip into my July-every-nite habits, fuelling my alcohol habit and futile crushes!

The following day, my phone starting buzzing with a short string of the most delightful text banter....

Him: 2 quote Craig David are u walking away from the 7 days action or would you prefer a rendez-vous where u could fill me in on what your flava is?

Me: Could say it's nothing personal but that's not all the way true. No hidden agenda just no need to rewind to unbelievable July behaviour...

Him: Priceless..! my rise and fall was that I met my french bird on a Monday took her for a drink on Tuesday, we were making love on Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday but chilled on Sunday which I guess makes me slicker than your average

(Yep.....not so sure about this one. I know it's only a game but even so....TMI!)

Me: That ego is really something! U can't be messing around so don't let her go. More woman trouble and less time to party. I'm just chillin'.....

Now I should add here that neither of us are Craig David fans. In fact, I hadn't even realised he had written that many songs, most of which are contained in the above texts....if you hadn't realised already.

This kind of silly behaviour is exactly what I love. The crush is not looking to fade anytime soon so I only have my self-imposed ban on the pub to guide me through.

No comments: