Friday 14 September 2007

The hills are alive...

I am off to Switzerland. I envisage wine drinking and cheese and chocolate eating as that is what the Swiss do.

They also climb mountains wearing lederhosen singing the hills are alive. Or is that the Austrians?
Anyway, I am loving the Wikipedia description:

The word Lederhosen is frequently misspelled and mispronounced in the English language as "leiderhosen" (literal German meaning: regrettably-breeches) or "liederhosen" (literal German meaning: songs-breeches) and should rhyme with "fader chosen".

Fader chosen...I ask you. It is almost a comedy entry...

I am off to see some friends. She is asking me to bring walking boots and a fleece. There is little need for either of these items in the south of France and I am more a flip flop and shorts type anyway.
I have a huge fear of fleeces - whilst I appreciate they have their uses, I think they should generally be reserved for geeks and retired geography teachers....but that's just my opinion.
Have you ever heard anyone say, 'Look at her trendy fleece!'.

I rest my case.

Instead I have some dodgy sports trainers and a zippy-uppy-tracksuit-toppy thingy of the non shell suit variety. I don't think I needed to clarify that last bit.

We are doing some walking. Allegedly.

There is a small amount of wee on my office chair.

No comments: