Wednesday 11 July 2007

Horoscope

My Facebook horoscope said this:

Gemini: Things have been very exciting lately, and you want to make sure you remember them. Take pictures, or write things down, so the memories last forever.

Not that I believe horoscopes of course….

Have they been exciting? Perhaps. Worthy of writing down? Not sure.

I thought I should write about them regardless and then I can look back and see if they were remotely significant to life as a whole. I severely doubt it.

Over the last few days, things have been disrupted. The following has happened.

I have realised the worth of two friends. Due to the incessant negative behaviour of one, I have finally decided to try and call our friendship a day. I’m not yet sure how this is going to work in a town the size of a smartie and I don’t want to be hurtful.
The sage advice of another has brought our friendship to new heights. She, I am liking muchly.

After friendly advice, open chats and wine, I was able to point out my proximity to repeating a pattern set last year in terms of men. This is interesting as the two men involved push the same mental buttons – they are in fact quite similar animals.

Partying hard is fun from time to time but the effects on my work are terrible. Yesterday I saw what other people see and it wasn’t pretty. Common sense of course, yet slightly disturbing in action.

I can still rock the male friendship thing following last nights antics in Jlp. They tell me all sorts, and in some ways I learn a lot, in other ways what I learn leaves me with diminished hope.
However, getting past the friendship thing is a struggle. I am still working on it.
I don't know if this is from giving off the wrong signals, entering the comfort zone too quickly or whether I'm just unfanciable...

As you can see, not very exciting or eventful but thought provoking for me nevertheless.

No comments: