Monday 2 July 2007

Annoyingly handsome

I saw the ex last night. I see him all the time.

We get on. We have to. Town is small.
It took as a while though but things are pretty chilled between us now. We have mostly different friends, different drinking venues and different interests. Which is nice.

It took us a long time to get to where we are now and we are friends in the loosest of terms but it is always nice to catch up.

Yesterday we were on the same terrace, sipping iced cider on a Sunday afternoon and people watching on the first official day of summer. He was looking suntanned, relaxed and very handsome.

After everything that went down between us, the anger and bitterness between us made him ugly to me and I'm sure I was to him. Relationships falling apart can do this to people it seems.
So yesterday was the first time that enough time had passed, enough ghosts laid to rest that I could see him for what he was during the beginning of our four year relationship.

But bloody hell it's annoying to find one's ex that attractive again.

I've just seen him again (I said town was small) and that still stands. Dammit.

No comments: