Friday 27 July 2007

Smarting

Tears have pricked the eyes twice in the last twelve hours. I have felt hurt, shocked and angry on both occasions.
The world can be so evil at times, or perhaps I have a touch of PMT.

When the ex texted the words 'You'll never change' last night, he did not mean this is a good way. Although he may well be right, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, to hear it from him was infuriating.
My eyes started to sting as I teetered on the edge of eye leakage. Of course it hurt, but it was also the humiliation that he could still have that effect.

When an irate client called this morning for a good old rant, I was expecting the torrent of abuse and untruths from this prickly pear. I was calm but firm yet his inability to let me have a word in edge ways was incredibly frustrating.
My opinion was not to be heard and when it was, he was up for a fight on every word.

As I put the phone down, my voice wobbled and I had to disappear to the toilets for some deep breaths, a quick snivel and a harsh word with myself.

The feeling of having been stung on the inside and the out seemingly lasts for hours.
I am sure it will subside by home time.

No comments: