Thursday 22 April 2010

First week of running training and dietician. Ugg.

Weighed myself this morning after one week of following the dietician plan. I was 86.5kg so have only lost .5kg. Rubbish! Plus it is up from earlier in the week by 1kg.
I am mostly blaming the two wholewheat wraps I had last night as I'm not supposed to be having carbs of an evening.

Last night we went supermarket shopping but to a much smaller supermarket, due to the fact we are still car-less. I couldn't get a lot of the things the dietician recommended buying/trying which was more than a bit of a bugger. I'll do a top-up shop at the weekend if we get a car back.

This mornings weigh-in was a little disheartening although I realise I need to eat perfectly and up the exercise a bit more in this next week until I see her.

I managed a run at lunch but really struggled for the 40 mins we ran - read stumbled. My legs felt like lead and I'm wondering if I can still blame tuesdays boxercise class for all the squats and lunges....not sure.
Anyway, I know I'm going to have some bad runs along the way where I really struggle but thank god I was with my running partner today as I would definitely have thrown in the towel after 10 minutes otherwise. I'm pretty good at motivating myself to go running but very bad at persevering when it comes to the actual running if I'm alone. I know I can do it, my body is definitely capable but I need to reach in and find the will power to carry on and not walk.
This weekend will see me tackle my first training run alone - fingers crossed I'll be able to complete it.

My food today has been very good apart from three small chocolates. Not good but an improvement for sure.
I also stopped at two oatcakes today - I'll not be buying these again due to my inability to stop munching them.

No comments: