Tuesday 6 April 2010

Weekend shocker

My weekend in the UK was a shocker in terms of food but yummy all the same. I am still 87.5 despite (what I'm sure is) a vast salt intake and pmt.
My boy turns into a complete glutton for sandwiches and burgers on return to the UK, and while I can happily leave the burgers alone, I'm a sucker for a Pret-a-Manger sandwich or two. Plus what with the travelling, means we're constantly eating sandwiches of some description.

On top of the sandwiches there was a lot of deep fried stuff (yummy) and chips galore. Oh how I do love an english fat chip.

Back here in the sunshine yesterday, I started off well trying to rein things back in. I had a healthy omelette but then some wine in the sun caused me to lose all resolve and I quickly spiralled out of control. Out of control meant more chips and breadcrumbed veal (fried) plus two scoops of gelato - delicious but not worth it at €4.20!
The sun was nice and all in all a very enjoyable day despite justifying terrible eating with 'its a bank holiday'.

Two giant Galaxy Easter eggs arrived in the mail from the mothership today. Very sweet of her even though I'm 32! The problem is the boy doesn't like chocolate all that much...and I'm supposed to be starting my new regime this week....

On the flipside, I've contacted the dietician again (who hasn't got back to me) to make an appointment, am off to boxing and pilates tonight plus I'm desperately trying to find a Great North run place through various charities. Now that would be something to work towards...

No comments: