Monday 17 May 2010

Mostly terrible.

The sugar thing literally lasted one day.
However I'm already on Day 2 again as the only slip up was Saturday.

I can say one thing about the weekend and that is that there was a lot of alcohol involved. A lot.
It was the boy's birthday on Thursday - he turned 28 to my 32. We had many, many drinks until collapsing around the 3am mark. I really must learn to grow up.
Friday night I had a couple of small slices of pizza in the pub and I would have abstained altogether, only it was kind of forced on me. One of my friends had run out to get a couple for everyone to share but noticed that I hadn't had any and then made me eat two by making a big deal out of the fact I only had one slice. I'm not normally hungry when I'm out drinking and never really get the drunken munchies as such - it's the next day when I get out of control, and out of control I got.

Saturday saw a terrible hangover and although I managed a 1.5 hour walk round the Cap d'Antibes, things started to unravel at lunch. I shared a seafood starter which wasn't too naughty apart from the deep-fried white fish, followed by sea bass. We also shared a panna cotta three ways which wasn't so disastrous either.
Late afternoon was a small pot of Ben and Jerry's, a turkish delight and a curly wurly and 10.30pm saw an ordered takeaway of mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets and onion rings. Not only a random selection of deep-fried shite but also a very immature order of food. Yuk.
I definitely regretted finishing off the boy's chicken wings - sooooo greasy.

Yesterday was a new day and although I didn't eat much, what I did eat was quite frankly rubbish. There was also lots more wine involved although I don't feel too bad today.
In the interest of accountability and for my own personal record, I ate one hard boiled egg, two skinny frankfurter sauages, two slices of ham, crisps, two fishfingers and about 8 french fries. Volume good, content bad. And wine. And a lot more crisps.

This morning I am back to 85kg's which I'm hoping is the sheer amount of salt ingested over the weekend, although I deserve it to be real weight to be honest.

Today is Day 2 of no sugar :) and Day 1 of no alcohol until at least my sister's wedding on Saturday. If I can get there that is....bloody ash cloud.

I currently have 4 refugees in my flat, 2 more than it can handle, as they can't get back to the UK following the Monaco Grand Prix. Having a full house stresses me out and after telling them to sort out dinner tonight, I'm now worried I'll have no control over what they cook.

Will try and upload some photos over the next few days - perhaps some beginning-of-diet body shots.

Anyway, I must do some work...

No comments: