Wednesday 12 May 2010

Sugar sugar sugar

Well, it's fair to say I just attacked some biscuits - grrrr. Feeling sickly now and annoyed - it'd been a good day until that point.

Soya yoghurt, strawberries and oats for breakfast then a spinach and rocket salad for lunch with loads of goodies in, to include bulgar wheat, feta, roast veg and a very small leftover chicken strip from the bbq we had on Monday. Yum.

I am definitely going to get some advice from the dietician tomorrow about protein snacks to go with my fruit. I eat too many nuts when I have them so that's ruled out and oatcakes (although this isn't protein) are too moreish and I...er....well....eat more than I should.
I can't eat cheese due to my dairy intolerance/skin issues and soya yoghurt without anything in it, tastes like wallpaper paste.

I've got to get rid of the sugar as well because I'm indulging in it far too often at the moment. I guess my justification is that I'm mostly off the white flour and alcohol so I deserve something. Not good.
I'm going to try and do a week without next week, starting tomorrow.

It's bank holiday here tomorrow and normally I'd go out for a couple of vino's tonight and lie in tomorrow. However although I'm out for dinner tonight, I won't be drinking (I hope) and I'll try and get up to run tomorrow. It's definitely beginning to take over my life albeit in a good way.

I seem to have some sort of shin splints from the running mind you but after some intense internet self diagnosis, I've bought some insoles for my trainers for my wonky feet. I'm hoping these help somewhat. It's worrying as I'm busy collecting sponsorship for the great north run and don't want any kind of hindering injury.

I'd figured if I was training for a half marathon in September, I might as well carry on through the winter and try and get into the London marathon - something I've always wanted to do.
Only to get on the site and realise the ballot has already closed! Surely it was only on last week or something!!
So I've applied through the charity I'm running the GNR with but won't find out till much later in the year. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

I can really see the pounds dropping off slowly between now and September. I already feel fitter and sometimes smaller...although not post-biscuit binge. Ugg.

No comments: