Friday 28 May 2010

A week of ups and downs.

So it's been a whole week since I was last on here for this. It's been a week full of up's and downs, both emotionally and weight wise.

The wedding was fab, my sister was serene and beautiful and it went off without a hitch. The venue was stunning and I ate lots of yummy food - the only disappointment was probably the wedding breakfast but it didn't really matter one bit.

I had such a fab time when I was there, too much alcohol really (practically two all day drinking sessions) but lots of fun. I saw lots of family and friends and if the day and weekend flew by too quickly for me, I can't imagine what it was like for her.
I was pretty low when we got back on Sunday night, too much wine, too little sleep, fantastic weather and place, too much excitement etc. I didn't really manage to shake this until Wednesday but feel great now.

Monday morning saw the scale up to 86kg but after two fried breakfasts, cake, rocky road, alcohol galore, a Mcdonalds, a wedding breakfast and two Pret a Manger sandwiches, it wasn't much of a surprise. That was not all I ate either in those two short days.

Today I'm back down to a solid 84kg again which I'm happy about considering the damage.
I have another week till I see the dietician (I shamefully cancelled tuesday's appointment so I could lose the weekend weight) so I need the scale to move down further to show a loss over the three weeks since I last saw her.

I'm feeling good now and hope to get plenty of exercise and healthy eating in over the weekend. I managed a swim and a run this week but failed to get out of bed early enough this morning to go.

My running partner has managed two runs without me this week including a tempo run. It unleashed my competitive side and I now feel the need to catch up. I'm also painfully aware that she is fairly petite, therefore will find things easier than me.
I have 16 weeks to go from Sunday (to the race) so need to drop a fair few more kilos in that time. I'm thinking to be 75 kilos - 9 less than I am now) might be nice, although more than a little hopeful.

No comments: