Thursday 6 May 2010

Mini binge

I've been following the dietician's suggestions for nearly three weeks now and this morning I was thinking I hadn't binged for those three weeks. Yes, I have snacked unecessarily on chocolate and other sugary treats but no bingeing.
Then I remembered this morning, a mini-binge I had after the dietician's appointment last week. I had been working in Monaco all day which was quite stressful and had started thinking about sugary treats when the Dairy Milk was wheeled out after lunch. Conscious I couldn't have any before seeing the dietician, I resisted. My thoughts moved on to millefeuille cakes and by the time I was driving towards her house (some 6 hours later), I just knew I was going to try and find something suitable after the appointment.
I found mini almond tarts (think Bakewell tarts without the icing) in a 6 pack and ater four in the car. The remaining two got munched when the boy went down to the car for something and I didn't even feel sick!
Strange how this got shoved away and forgotten about so quickly.

I guess this isn't so bad compared to times past. I'm not supposed to be eating sugar or white flour, so in that sense it was bad. Plus it was that whole thing where I get something in my head and it doesn't leave until I satisfy it - even when the thing I obtain isn't the same as what I was craving in the first place.

This week seems much better. My eating has been cleaner (not yet perfect) and I am feeling positive and determined today.

This morning I was still 85.5kg (13 stone 5lbs) which I guess isn't bad considering the boozy weekend in the Dam and the mini-binge.
I have one more week to try and shift some more off....fingers crossed.

No comments: