Monday 10 May 2010

83.5kg (184lbs - 13 stone 2lbs) dehydrated weight

So that's what I was this morning. It shows that I'm definitely doing the right thing although I'm note sure it was a true reading...based on the amount of wine I had yesterday. I tend to find the scale reads lower after booze - an effect of the dehydration I imagine. Not good.

I was a solid 84 over the weekend though, which is back to my pre-Xmas weight at least. 4.5 months to lose the Xmas weight...eek.

I'm still really struggling with sugar cravings and issues. I'm not proud of the fact I nicked a few biscuits from my colleagues draw last week and again this morning. Last week I was feeling shakey after a run and this morning was due to a hangover. It just goes to show that I can't be trusted to be good with food with a hangover.

I also ate quite a bit of chocolate over the weekend - a bounty, a dairy milk, a yorkie and then some liquorice allsorts. The rest of the weekend was pretty good food-wise and very limited wine on fri and sat. Yesterday was another story.

I'm going to try and cut out the sugar - imagine the difference if I succeed with that!

I'm also struggling to get protein in with every snack, which probably leads to the unbalanced blood sugars and cravings. I'll have to work on this.

On a better note, I used the cross trainer last weds and thursday, ran for 40 mins on Friday tempo running (last 5 mins were walking as got bad stitch), more cross training on Sat and an 8km run on Sunday which took 56 minutes - still too slow!

I plan on boxercise tonight and no alcohol until I see the dietician on Thursday. Plus exercise every day until then although not sure how I'll fit it in tomorrow mind you....

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Stepping away from sugar may seem hard but it gets easier once you haven't had any for a bit.

I agree with the protein thing too, I have found that that helps.

Good luck chuck.

Lesley x