Friday 14 May 2010

Sugar challenge Day 1

The dietician was happy with my progress yesterday - a loss of about 3.5 kilos in 4 weeks.
I'm happy with that too and can see how this slower weight loss and new way of eating, could eventually lead to goal.
I don't feel like I'm on a diet (perhaps because I've been cheating a little but also because I have the odd glass of wine) and generally feel good.
It just makes me wonder how much better I could have done if I hadn't eaten all the sugar that has slipped in there.

Yesterday, after the appointment with her I had a sugar binge, the same as after the last appointment. I don't know whether it is just a reward thing that I don't want to get into the habit of doing or whether it is just a deeply ingrained behaviour.
I was definitely hungry but mostly because it was time to eat.
I went straight to the shop and bought two millefeuilles (custard slices?) and a pack of three skinny toblerone bars. I ate these around my healthy dinner of salmon and veg. Plus two glasses of wine....well it was a bank holiday here yesterday....me? excuses?

Anyway, so here's my plan. My next dietician appointment is in a week and a half (25th) and in between now and then I have two weekends, to include my sister's wedding in the Uk - think booze, food and more importantly cake.
With the exception of perhaps the cake, I plan not to eat any sugar between now and then.
I think this is going to be hard but I'll definitely write how I get on here.

No comments: